Great Product, How Do I Buy It?
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We just made a fairly big purchase (£500) for a trailer camera system for my wife’s horsebox and as It’s a gadget I was completely onboard and happy to help select the right product. We settled on the Digi-Max2 2 Camera system from Trailer Vision and I was just left with what should have been the simple task of parting with my money, I could not have been more wrong! [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]What was wrong
This is a difficult question as the list just went on and on, in fact I’ll make a list.
- PayPal button on page which would let me pay before adding my postage (if there is any postage costs).
- Selecting my shipping location takes my to a page which tells me my session has expired.
- Session expired pages assumes I have an account and asks me to login.
- No Register button/link anywhere you have to click on the My Account link (don’t have an account).
- No option to buy as a guest, must create an account.
- System created my account but showed an error and asked me to refresh.
- System said an account exists for that email (double submission by system).
- System then tells me I’m not allowed to perform that action as my session has expired (just logged in and it says Logoff in top right (indicating I’m still logged in)).
The only way I can see to purchase the camera is by clicking on the PayPal button but I suspect if I do that I’ll miss out on adding the postage costs which may delay my purchase.
At the time, I didn’t know this was their product so I did a quick Google search to see if I could find the same product elsewhere. If anyone else had been selling the same item they would have got my money and for a few moments, I had considered setting up a web shop of my own to sell these items. I had no luck finding the same item so I persevered with my purchase on their site.
You can’t rely on being as bad as everyone else forever!
The company obviously sell enough units to big business but I wonder how many people visit their site and make a purchase through their tortures process? That’s one Analytics dashboard I’d like to have access to.
What Should They Do Different?
Start again would be a good option or get some friends and family to try and buy things from their site. That should hopefully prove that something needs to be done and then hire somebody like me to crawl through their Analytics package and start making the site more user and Google friendly.
They’re selling high-quality products to consumers that will generally have above average disposable income and will not expect to have to fight with your site in order to hand over their cash. The company is currently benefiting from similar poor quality sites from their competition but you can’t rely on being as bad as everyone else forever. If one of these companies steps up its game the competition would be left wanting.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]